Neoclassicism came initially from France but was slowly adopted by native Danish architects who increasingly participated in defining architectural style.
It became firmly established in the Middle Ages when first Romanesque, then Gothic churches and cathedrals sprang up throughout the country.The dome hall measured 15 x 15 m, and had a height of 27 m. East of the octagon were the riding ring and the long stables building; To the east and adjacent to the main palace was an Orangery and the one-storey building called Margrave House.The Orangery, which was equipped with huge glasshouse windows, was connected to the main building by a small secret passage, so that the Royal Family and the courtiers could walk to the chapel without getting their feet wet.The man responsible for the actual construction was General Building Master Johan Conrad Ernst, who was also responsible for the construction of Frederiksberg Palace.While the building was still under construction Denmark–Norway and Sweden negotiated a peace treaty, which was signed July 3, 1720 on the site of the unfinished palace The treaty determined the fate of Skåne, which since that time has been a part of Sweden, and ended Denmark’s eleven-year participation in the Great Northern War.-storey-high main palace with dome and lanterns.
E dating Fredensborg
The palace chapel stood in the middle of the two buildings, and has an exaggerated copper spire, a pilaster-decorated façade facing the riding ring, and a heavily carved gable featuring a bust of Frederik IV in relief carved by Didrick Gercken.On the other side of the church was the Courtiers Wing ("Kavalerfløj"), residences for the court’s clerks and members of the Royal Household.Fredensborg is a railway town located in Fredensborg Municipality, North Zealand, some 30 kilometres north of Copenhagen, Denmark. It is most known for Fredensborg Palace, one of the official residences of the Danish Royal Family.It is the Danish Royal Family’s spring and autumn residence, and is often the site of important state visits and events in the Royal Family.
It is the most used of the Royal Family’s residences.The nearest upper secondary schools are Frederiksborg Gymnasium in Hillerød and Espergærde Gymnasium in Espergærde.Fredensborg station is located on the Little North railway line between Hillerød and Helsingør.The name, which means the Palace of Peace", was chosen to commemorate the termination of the Great Northern War.Fredensborg Station opened on the new North Line in 1868.